The Advisory Partner team has been working in the waste management, energy and environment (WMEE) sector for more than 20 years, including C-level management and business sales and purchases experience.
We have identified key areas of growth in the Queensland WMEE sector that are likely to drive further industry consolidation:
- Construction and demolition waste recycling and recovery
- Recycling and repurposing of plastic waste
- Liquid waste disposal – medical waste and oil upcycling
- Food and organic waste (FOGO) and composting and energy from waste (EfW).
Already there is consolidation and private equity interest in the Queensland market, for example:
- Rino Recycling rollup by Alceon Private Equity with Queensland’s Byrne Resources as the cornerstone asset, and
- Pure Environmental rollup with Alvia Asset Partners and Queensland’s Westrex as the cornerstone asset.
For more information on these deals and others in the WMEE sector, please contact Advisory Partner.
Market drivers underpinning WMEE growth across the last decade include:
- Continued population growth, particularly in south-east Qld
- Increased government incentives for landfill avoidance and recycling and recovery projects
- The 25-year Queensland Government State Development Plan
- The 2032 Brisbane Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Globally, the environment, social and governance (ESG) asset class is experiencing tremendous growth in investment.